[TYPO3] different languages hosted on different servers

Bernd Wilke 19m0nyq02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jan 23 14:11:53 CET 2007

"Chad Rislov" <typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1169546829.26494.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> We are in the process of moving over to Typo3 as it seems to be much
easier than the system we are currently using.

> The current multi-language site has a typical layout (as below).
> mydomain.com/en/home.html
> mydomain.com/de/home.html
> mydomain.com/fr/home.html
> mydomain.com/ch/home.html
> They are all hosted on the same server, but to get shown in the local
google listings, we have localized URLs with the same content hosted on a
server in that particular country. For example:
> mydomain.de/home.html - hosted in Germany
> mydomain.co.uk/home.html - hosted in UK
> mydomain.fr/home.html - hosted in France
> mydomain.ch/home.html - hosted in Switzerland
>
> Is there a way to do this with Typo3?

you can manage to get multiple domains on one TYPO3-installation. each
domain can get its own startingpage. so every domain can start on another
page. But also every domain can start with the same page. Handling with
typoscript (Conditions -> hostname) you can change the appearance of the
page.

if you doesn't use realurl it will work very well.
we started to manage something like this with realurl and got stuck. realurl
can't handle correctly multiple languages in one tree with different
domains: the language wich is called first after cache-clearance will win as
url-path to a side. other languages will get the url-path in the first
language

Having differnt trees (in one TYPO3-installation) for the languages is no
problem at all.

> Currently we are copying all the .html files to the remote servers and
redirecting to the main mydomain.com site if a script needs to be run for
the shop, SSL or forms. Will this also work for Typo3 or does the backend
need to be on the same server as the fixed .html files?

TYPO3 is a CMS which will generate HTML-Code on the fly (also these pages
are cached). Its unusually to generate HTML-pages and copy them.

in most cases a one-tree/multiple-languages solution is used. Every page and
every text-block is translated to differnt languages and can be handled as
one element. (visibility, copy, move, ...).

Bernd
--
www.bernd-wilke.net