[TYPO3] Default attributes of tables upon rendering

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Jan 23 09:41:46 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to set default attributes to HTML tables that have been
created inside a text element, using the RTE (and not table content
elements). In essence, I would like to set the padding, the spacing
and the border to 0, so that browser default values don't interfere
with the site's CSS.

I tried various things, but to no avail. For example:

lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.table.fix
Attrib.border = 0
lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.table.fix
Attrib.cellpadding = 0
lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.table.fix
Attrib.cellspacing = 0

or (after looking into class.t3lib_parsehtml.php):

lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.table.fix
Attrib.default = border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing ="0"

Of course, the following doesn't work either, since it is not a table
content element, but a table created inside a text element with the RTE:

tt_content.table.20.tableParams_0.border = 0
tt_content.table.20.tableParams_0.cellpadding = 0
tt_content.table.20.tableParams_0.cellspacing = 0

Has anyone advice about this? Thanks in advance.

François Suter
Directeur technique
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch