[TYPO3] Text export/import for offline language translation

Martin Heimann martin at orangetranslations.com
Tue Jan 23 01:47:22 CET 2007

We are a language translation company that has recently translated several
Typo3 based websites. We are currently looking for ways to make this process
more efficient.

Rather than feeding the translated texts into the backend we would prefer to
translate all texts offline and have an automated process put them onto the
website. This would be easier for the translators and would also allow them
to handle these projects with their regular translation tools (e.g. Trados,
WordFast or other computer aided translation tools).

Ideally, we would like to develop something that:

1)       Exports all existing text of a website into a simple text file

2)       The translator then translates these texts using his/her regular
offline environment

3)       An automated process gets the translated texts back onto the
website

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts and ideas on this. We
have not yet created a budget. What we are looking for is a rough outline of
how something like this could be accomplished, as well as a rough cost
estimate.

Please respond either in English or German, directly to me at
martin at orangetranslations.com . I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Martin

Orange Translations LLC