[TYPO3] changing URLS

Bernd Wilke 19m0nyq02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jan 22 12:15:08 CET 2007

"dave typo" <typothree at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.97347.1169458293.21325.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> The typo3 site, currently, is running on a test server, only on a local
network.

> lets call this url http://test.com/index.php?id=70.
>

> I'm going to be switching URL's - from a testsite that is only on the
> local network, to a live site.
> lets say http://live.com/index.php?id=70
>
>  I have a lot of links within my ttnews pages that have
> http://test.com/index.php within their hyperlinks.  When I switch
> live, will i have to change all of the links, or will typo3 know that
> these are internal links, and adapt accordingly?

that depends whether you have inserted these links by hand or if they are
generated by typo.
everytime you insert the full URL like "<link http://www.domain.com/...>"
for a link. this domain is stored in your data and handled like any external
URL (no change in domains).
if you inserted links like "<link /index.php?id=123>" the domain doesn't
care, the browser will handle it. (the domain may be inserted by baseurl)
all real internal links "<link 123>" will be handled properly by typo3 (you
may need a 'clear cache'). also these links may appear in the FE as
http://www.domain.com/index.php?id=123.

Bernd
--
www.bernd-wilke.net