[TYPO3] strategy to keep the /uploads folder clean ?

Joris Willems joris.willems at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 21:50:21 CET 2007

Hello list,

I am noticing a contious growing pile of template files in the
/uploads folder of my typo3 installation. I am also worring about the
never ending list of RTEmagicC_** files under /uploads.
I am looking for a way to remove the unused files and give some
ownership to the files that are uploaded throught the RTE.

I found the "KB Clean Files" extension which causes the following
error on several 4.x installations I tried:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an
array in /var/www/vhosts/test.pvda.be/httpdocs/typo3conf/ext/kb_cleanfiles/mod1/index.php
on line 604

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an
array in /var/www/vhosts/test.pvda.be/httpdocs/typo3conf/ext/kb_cleanfiles/mod1/index.php
on line 604

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #3 is not an
array in /var/www/vhosts/test.pvda.be/httpdocs/typo3conf/ext/kb_cleanfiles/mod1/index.php
on line 604

and so on ...

What strategies do you use to fight cruft ?

Best regards,

Joris Willems
http://www.amazingthings.be