[TYPO3] TCDirectmail UTF8 sybject header problem

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jan 18 11:05:17 CET 2007

Gideon So wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I installed tcdirectmail and it works great. The only thing annoys me
> is that the utf8 (Chinese) subject header is broken. Anyone knows of
> this problem and is there a fix for this??

Normally subjects in charsets other than latin 1 must be encoded either
as quoted-printable or a base64. I do not think directmail does. PHP
mail function does not do that either.

The procedure is pretty simple (less that 100 characters) and can be
found using Google if one wants to fix it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs