[TYPO3] Mac OS X documentation link

Nico Potvin nico.potvin at kandesign.com
Wed Jan 17 17:32:11 CET 2007

Hi robert,

i installed the typo3 on various OSX systems using MAMP, a application
with built in apache, phpmyadmin and MYSQl.
This is an easy way to install typo 3 without having to use the
terminal, or tweak other system settings.

There are basically 5 steps:
- download and install MAMP http://www.mamp.info/en/index.php
- download and install imagemagick as an pkg from
http://www2.entropy.ch/download/imagemagick-6.1.7.pkg.tar.gz
  (this way the install path for imagemagick in the install tool is
found automatically or /usr/bin/)
- download typo3 source and dummy and place them combined in the htdocs
folder inside the mamp folder
- Launch MAMP, and create a DB and user in phpmyadmin
- launch the install tool and tweak all your settings

Enjoy

nico