[TYPO3] newloginbox, TemplaVoila' and kb_md5feuser

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 22:00:27 CET 2007

Hello,

On 1/16/07, Emile <108media at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys I believe you both got it wrong I am afraid.
>
> I know what a constant is and where it goes, and it's not that I am
> totally new to T3.
>
> The tutorial clearly was not made for TV, I suspect it has to do
> instead with the order of processing TS, PHP scripts and TV.
>
> AFAIK you can't put a conditional comment in the HTML header when
> working in TV coz TV is always the last to render it and as we know
> already TV doesn't let you select conditional comments in the TO
> mapping wizard.
>
> I wonder if it is a similar problem.
>
> Please anyone has an idea on how to sort this out?

What are you talking about? First of all, there is nothing in that
tutorial that should be affected by TV. Secondly, conditional comments
can't be used in TV because of the limitations of TYPO3's HTML parser.
Using something like this works fine:

page.headerdata {
  5 = HTML
  5 {
    value = <!--[if IE]><style type="text/css">@import
url(ie_win.css);</style><![endif]-->
  }
}

Moreover, if you read the TSref entry on page.headerData [1], you'll
see that it is '...inserted after all the style-definitions'--which,
IMO, is a powerful argument for NOT relying on TV to select
stylesheets etc from the header (though I don't actually know where
the headerData stuff gets inserted when you do use TV to select CSS
files).

In any case, what on earth do you think this has to do with constants?
Every problem you've reported in this thread so far indicates a
garden-variety problem with an un-set constant. You said, for example:

> Indeed when press the submit button the page is directed to
> http://{$plugin.tx_newloginbox.loginuid}/.

If, for some reason, the constant fails to work, try the literal value
in the TS; instead of:

20.typolink.parameter = {$plugin.tx_newloginbox.loginUID}

Try e.g.:

20.typolink.parameter = 43

Once you get it working with the literals, you can go back and see if
there's a problem with constants.

I've also just checked in an all TV site in a similar TS
object--constants are processed as expected.

--
Christopher Torgalson

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.0.0/view/7/5/