[TYPO3] Frontend user registration is slow: SOLVED

Pirkka Rannikko bircha at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 21:56:46 CET 2007

After some testing I found out that I was missing the admin email
address from the constants while the extension tried to send mail
notifications into the address. Now the registration and other
processes are working as supposed.

Typo version is 4.0.4 and Frontend user registration is 2.5.4 and New
frontend login box is 3.0.1. I also have CWT Community (0.8.3) and CWT
Community User (0.1.1) installed and changing the user infomation
through them works just fine.

Hello

> I am testing the Frontend user registration plugin and it is VERY SLOW
> in sending the confirmation email to the user. Loading the
> confirmation page is also very slow, taking over a minute to get there
> through the link in the email. Changing the user info takes a while
> too. The times are ridiculously long.

Which version did you try? 2.5.4 or earlier?
Versions < 2.5.4 had a language pi/locallang.xml file with a size of
about 850 kByte. It takes some time to load it into the memory on the
server. TYPO3 4.x is needed.

- Franz

--
Pirkka Rannikko - Freelance Graphics and Web Design
http://www.bircha.com