[TYPO3] cannot insert tt_news as plugin in templavoila

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 16 21:30:08 CET 2007

Hi,

Typo3 V4.0.4
TemplaVoila 1.1.1
tt_news 2.4.0

I followed the Futuristic Template Building and mapped my html template
fine.  In the center content area, I'm able to insert text, text w/ image
etc. types of contents.  Inserting some of the plugins, like random images
from directory, is fine too.  But the News plugin inserted doesn't show
anything on the frontend, even no 'no news in this list'.

By the way, we are also running some sites using the traditional template
engine along with the templavoila sites on one typo3 instance.  tt_news on
those old sites works fine.

I noticed for the 'random images from directory' plugin inserted, its
element title showed "Plugin: wag_randomimage_pi1",  but the title for the
tt_news plugin was "Plugin: 9".

I'd appreciate any help!

Setup of the template module has the following content.

=============
# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page

  # another style sheet
  page.includeCSS {

  file1 = fileadmin/templates/css_styled_content.css
}

# Menu 1 cObject
lib.menu_1 = HMENU

# First level menu-object, textual
lib.menu_1.1 = TMENU
lib.menu_1.1 {
   # how the whole main menu should be mapped

  # Normal state properties, how each menu link should be mapped
  NO.allWrap = <li> | </li>
  NO.stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
  }

  # Level 2 menu