[TYPO3] Template Creation Guidance

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 14 14:09:50 CET 2007

Hi Lee

>This is the third time I have installed Typo3 and I am bound and determined
to >conquor it this time!I

Good on you :) As a 1 year old newbie, I can still relate to that feeling :)
(It comes on about 10pm each day :))

> My question: Is it better that I develop several html templates saved in a
file to >select from, or should I code the template directly within the
template configuration >of the backend and then just use extension templates
to alter the format for the >various pages?

Hmmm ... better? I don't know if there is a "better" way or "not so good"
way, but there are certainly several.

Personally, I have different html layouts/colour schemes saved for each
section, and I use Templavoila to manage the layout of the content areas (so
still html). Then I use the Typoscript template to code in dynamic content
and tweak some plugins, and content elements to insert some plugins and
static content.

>I'd rather do it right the first time then have to start over!

:) yeah ... but then you don't make mistakes to learn by :)

Good luck!
Cate