[TYPO3] editing buttons have disappeared

Edwinna von Baeyer evb at magma.ca
Sat Jan 13 19:51:14 CET 2007

I don’t know if this problem is a bug or not. First of all, let me say
I’m not the technician for the site. I mainly upload and edit text in
typo3 on the site. We are all volunteers. The website is for a Canadian
NGO. So, I may not describe the details in the correct language. Please
bear with me.

Up to last week, I was able to copy and paste text into the text window
and then to use the formatting and link-to buttons/icons (itals,
alignment, link-to, heading levels, etc.) visible above the text box.
However, now all these buttons have disappeared. AND all texts now
appear with HTML coding around the pertinent parts of the text. The
interface for uploading documents has changed as well. These changes
have made what used to be a nearly seamless job into a nightmare.

I tried to pinpoint what may have changed on my PC. All I can think is
that I recently upgraded my Internet Explorer. (However, when I check
my typo3 pages in typo3 on my Mac, the same problem appears. BUT, when
I checked the program on my husband’s PC, which runs Windows 98, the
“old” interface is there!)

The fellow who is the admin for the site is scratching his head. We
tried enabling some buttons for ActiveX in my copy of Explorer, but
this hasn’t made any difference.

I found the typo3 website and tried searching the support documentation
to see if I could find an answer. However, I must confess, I don’t
quite understand the language. :)

Any tips or fixes you could pass along, would be more than appreciated!

Thanking you for your patience,

Edwinna