[TYPO3] RESOLVED: post variables empty

Chris Paige system at chrispaige.info
Thu Jan 11 04:58:16 CET 2007

I finally figured it out...

It was a domain conflict of sorts.

So say my main domain is

www.examples.com

And I also have domain records for

examples.com
example.com
www.example.com

These all forward within typo3 with parameters transfered to
www.examples.com

But I inadvertently set my config.baseURL to www.example.com

So this worked fine for GET... parameters are transferred through the URL.
We land on the correct page with all of the query string intact.

However, on a POST, it posts to www.example.com.  typo3 then follows my
instructions and redirects to www.examples.com without my ever noticing.  It
includes the GET parameters, but NOT the POST parameters.  So I land on the
correct page, but without any POST information.

The fix is to simply make sure that the config.baseURL setting and main
domain record match up perfectly.

I hope this helps the next person who is killing themselves with a
simple/dumb mistake like this...

Chris