[TYPO3] RTE Not Working in IE7

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 16:47:28 CET 2007

Hi,

On 1/10/07, grant hudson <granth998 at hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I realize that upgrading to version 4.03 would resolve this problem, however
> I have 8 highly sensitive sites in version 3.8 and the upgrade to version 4
> is not well documented or straightforward.  I would rather find a solution
> to the RTE problem and keep these sites in version 3.8 to avoid any
> potential catastrophic problems.  Any other suggestions are greatly
> appreciated.

It's fair enough to want to stick with 3.8, but a) the upgrade process
is the same as it's been for years, and b) it's hard to see what
'catastrophic' problems you  might encounter.

I upgraded/directed the upgrade of several 3.8 sites to 4.0.4 just
before Christmas (including one for a national sporting organization
and another for a large performing-arts centre), and the extent of my
upgrade-related problems was about 6 minutes' downtime on one site
because of a server admin who didn't *quite* follow my directions...

--
Christopher Torgalson