[TYPO3] RTE Not Working in IE7

grant hudson granth998 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 10 12:18:01 CET 2007

After downloading the new Internet Explorer 7 (soon to be mandated by
Microsoft) I noticed that the default Rich Text Editor in Versions less than
4.0 stopped working in rich text mode.  The workaround being mentioned is to
install extention rtehtmlarea, version 1.2.1 (fixing a security flaw),
however for security reasons, my host provider will not allow connections to
the TER via the extention manager.  I must download the extention from
typo3.org/extentions and upload it via the extention manager.  However,
installing the extention in this manner does not allow me to select a
previous version of rtehtmlarea.  Is there a website I can go to which has
previous versions to download?

I realize that upgrading to version 4.03 would resolve this problem, however
I have 8 highly sensitive sites in version 3.8 and the upgrade to version 4
is not well documented or straightforward.  I would rather find a solution
to the RTE problem and keep these sites in version 3.8 to avoid any
potential catastrophic problems.  Any other suggestions are greatly
appreciated.

Grant