[TYPO3] problems with utf8 after migration

Rakowski Tomasz raczek at open.infi.pl
Wed Jan 10 01:29:34 CET 2007

Peter Russ napisał(a):
> Rakowski Tomasz schrieb:
>> Peter Russ napisał(a):
> [...]
>>> What character set is your export? Does that looks okay?
>>>
>>> Regs. Peter.
>>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Yes, mbstring is available.
>> I export using phpMyadmin so I think it is UTF-8 - I export using gzip
>> compression. And it's hard to say if it's ok.
>>
>> thx
>> racco
>
> Problem to uncompress?
> http://www.izarc.org/
> Problem to check?
> http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
>
> What else?
>
> Regs. Peter

hello!

No problem with uncompress :)
Thx for notepad-plus - cool soft. It shows that my sql dump file is ANSI
and UTF without BOM. Shouldn't that be only UTF-8?

If I choose UTF-8 and save the file and import it back to database I see
that some characters are displayed in a different way, but still
incorrectly...

racco