[TYPO3] template not found

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Jan 9 16:47:54 CET 2007

Monica Axelrad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> page id 1 is the first page, it's also the page that has the template,
> and is set as website root.
> The thing is, everything worked until I did the quickpoll manipulation
> (see first post)...
>
> How does the index.php file get associated to the page with the template
> defined? Maybe I broke the link there somehow?
>
> thanks,
> monica
>
> Harald Amelung a écrit :
>> Hello Monica,
>>
>> Monica Axelrad schrieb:
>>
>>> Yes, I cleared the cache. The weird thing (i think) is that the site
>>> does work if I go directly to a page ID and then navigate from there,
>>> it's just the main page that doesn't work....

This sounds really weird - few things that usually don't harm (can't
guarantee help either :)
- database compare in the install tool and repairing if necessary
- deleting cache files from the typo3conf folder
- checking no ending brackets are missing from the ts setup
- deleting the ts constants also of the unnecessary ext

BTW have you tried to save a page that does work and does it still work
after saving?

If you have only one template for the whole site and the root page
doesn't work and all the other do it's really mystical, maybe error log
or error reporting in the install tool/all configuration could help..