[TYPO3] Disable FE editing icons on certain page

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Tue Jan 9 12:31:45 CET 2007

Mike Morris kirjoitti:

> 2nd, is my question:
> I want to disable FE editing and the icons on a certain page.
> Everything I found concerning FE editing enable/disable was via user config.

> But this  is exactly what I want to avoid - with more than 700 users...
>
> Any ideas on disabling FE editing and respectively the pencil icons, per
> page?

look at setup.txt of the plugin css_styled_content
you can define basic settings using TS Templates.

styles.content.editPanelPage.10.allow =
styles.content.editPanelPage.10.label = TEXT
styles.content.editPanelPage.10.label.value =

tt_content.stdWrap.editPanel {
		allow =
		line = 5
		label =
		onlyCurrentPid = 1
		previewBorder = 0
		edit.displayRecord = 1
	}
Now there should not be edit panels and labels of the.
Blackline might remain.

In addition some plugins add their own edit panels, which must also
reset (for example 'macina_banners' adds edit panels and generic setting
presumably doesn't disable those).

That doesn't endeed concern generic level individual pencil icons but
edit panels. Endeed I don't know how to disable label text.

If you want to disable from certain pages edit icons, you must reset
related configuration, which is initially defined in setup.txt
of css_styled_content (I expect that you use CSS Styled content).

tt_content.text.20.editIcons =
etc

That must do for every record type and every content type.
It is quite much extra work to disable those on page level.