[TYPO3] template not found

Monica Axelrad monica.axelrad at pse.unige.ch
Mon Jan 8 17:26:17 CET 2007

Hello,

I am slightly confused by what I just managed to do with my site.

I just installed the quickpoll extension and was testing it out. It
worked properly but I wanted to change the look so I copied the text
from the ext_typoscript_setup file provided with the extension at the
end of the ts-setup in my template. This was perhaps the wrong thing to
do because now when I access the root of my site I get the message
"Error! No template found". I deleted the extra text from the setup file
but I can no longer access my site from its base address, however if I
access a specific page ID everything works.
if i go to http://mysite.com - error no template found (same if i try
http://mysite.com/index.php)
if i go to http://mysite.com/index.php?id=1 - i get my page and can
navigate around my site.

i don't understand the link between modifying the ts_setup and what
loosing access to the template from the base of the site...

for now I have worked around the problem by putting an index.html with a
redirect to the http://mysite.com/index.php?id=1 page at the root of my
site, but if anyone has a clue as to what happened, i'm all ears!!!

thanks,
Monica Axelrad