[TYPO3] RESOLVED: March 2007 time inaccuracy (bugfix)

Chris Paige system at chrispaige.info
Thu Jan 4 22:25:50 CET 2007

I'm in EST (-5), as well as my server.  Changing timezones did not appear to
have any impact during my testing, which confused me even more.

Meanwhile, I have finally found a patch in the bugtracker...  and so I am
very happy to report that this has been resolved!!!  I have applied the
diff/patch from typo3 bug #1697.   Kudos and great thanks to Bernhard Kraft
for sharing this fix!!!!!!  (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1697)

I just had to debug the problem enough to know what to look for in the bug
tracker... and then learn how to apply diff patches... so now I know a
little more about a lot of things!

The problem does have something to do with javascript and client timezones
vs. server timezones.  I don't understand how it would result in my
particular output (only March 2007 dates fouled up and not Feb 2007 or April
2007).  However, I am comfortable with the results of the patch.

I would be happy for this patch to be integrated into the core.  I'm not
sure why it hasn't been already, but I know core folks are very busy.

Chris