[TYPO3] Flexform data not in $this->cObj->data

Marcel Douwstra marcel.douwstra at tros.nl
Wed Jan 3 17:26:44 CET 2007

Hi list,

I've been trying to use flexforms to configure the output of my extension.

The problem is retrieving the flexform data that is configured. The
flexform is shown in the backend perfectly. The data is stored in the
database in the pi_flexform field. But it is not put into $this->cObj->data.

This is the data in the database:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<T3FlexForms>
     <data>
         <sheet index="general">
             <language index="lDEF">
                 <field index="resultlimit">
                     <value index="vDEF">5</value>
                 </field>
                 <field index="divname">
                     <value index="vDEF">testdiv</value>
                 </field>
                 <field index="sitepart">
                     <value index="vDEF">2</value>
                 </field>
                 <field index="theme">
                     <value index="vDEF">3</value>
                 </field>
                 <field index="dossier">
                     <value index="vDEF">15</value>
                 </field>
                 <field index="overviewpage">
                     <value index="vDEF">165</value>
                 </field>
             </language>
         </sheet>
     </data>
</T3FlexForms>

In my extensioncode I have the following bit in my main function:

$this->conf=$conf;
$this->pi_setPiVarDefaults();
$this->pi_loadLL();
$this->pi_USER_INT_obj=1;
$this->pi_initPIflexForm();

After this I debug $this->cObj->data but it shows no pi_flexform
information so $this->cObj->data['pi_flexform'] does nothing since it's
empty.

Does anyone have an idea where I'm going wrong?

Thanx a lot!

Marcel Douwstra