[TYPO3] No static templates?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 2 23:43:11 CET 2007

> Hi,
>
> On 1/2/07, Bing Du <bdu at iastate.edu> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I installed Typo3 V4.0.4 but I don't see any static templates listed
>> in
>> > root.  In the install tool, I did import all static information.  Hmm.
>> > How should I get them included now?
>> >

>> Just a bit more information...
>>
>> Accessing the database through direct mysql, I can see the
>> static_template
>> table.  But it's empty.  Other static tables, like static_contries,
>> static_country_zones, static_languages, etc. are fine though.  Where
>> does
>> the static_template table get its contents from?  I saw in the mailing
>> list archive that another person had no static templates with 4.0.4 too.
>> But that post had no response unfortunately.
>

> If I remember correctly, they're deprecated and no longer included
> with new source packages. I think they've been packaged up as an
> extension--check the repository.

Thanks for the response.  Looks like the static templates are loaded from
the 'cms' extension which appears to be of shy type.  In the ext manager,
I clicked 'Typo3 CMS frontend (TypoScript)'.  Then checked the
static_template checkbox under 'Import static data' and then clicked 'Make
updates'.  That got the standard templates loaded.

Bing