[TYPO3] Using csstidy in T3 possible?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 19:47:10 CET 2007

Hi,

On 1/1/07, Andreas Balzer <typo3 at andreas-balzer.de> wrote:

<snip>

> Well my css is clean. The problem is, that 20% are created by TYPO3.
> That means calculating dimensions of divs and images, setting colors, ..
> All in all I have about 20 big pages of pure CSS. That's because I want
> to reach every browser on every plattform.

<snip>

This has nothing to do with your actual question, but I've never even
heard of anyone using so much CSS in any site, anywhere. I routinely
account for all IE > version 4 as well as any mozilla product with a
rendering engine newer than that in NS 6, plus versions of Opera > 7,
and Safari, and have only recently decided not to support IE 5 for the
Mac. All the sites I build should work in text-only browsers, and many
of them will work in Netscape version 4. But this much CSS seems
gigantic!

My first reaction on reading your post is to think that there must be
~15 pages too many of css involved (unless they're all quite short);
you're sure that so much is necessary? (Just for example, I don't
think I've ever built /any/ site that needed more than about ~2000
lines of CSS--and there usually has to be some kind of extenuating
circumstance for it to get within 500 lines of being that big...)

Also, if I can just go OT for a minute, I'm quite interested in using
TYPO3 for generating CSS and I've done quite a bit of it; if you're
willing, it might be interesting to compare notes on the problems and
successes you've had...

--
Christopher Torgalson