[TYPO3] IE7 Javascript issues

Fr. Simon Rundell SCP simon at rundell.org.uk
Mon Jan 1 13:07:52 CET 2007

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing problems with Javascripts
under IE7?

This has become critical for me, as a lot of my extensions use Javascript
and client-side scripting, and most now simply do not function, and you
can't access the BE in IE7. I have scanned the archives at netfielders.de
and no-one else seems to have posted on this. Everything works in every
other testing environment...

I have tried a couple of IE7 installs (the latest being the Google-version),
and set security levels to minimum, enabled scripting and even added my dev
server to "trusted sites" but with no change. Outside of the t3 environment,
I cannot even get the following to run in IE7:

    <head>
        <title>Javascript Test</title>
charset=iso-8859-1">
    </head>
        <script language="JavaScript1.2">
            alert("this works in Javascript");
            document.write("If Javascript works, you can read this");
        </script>

Have I missed something really crucial? Sorry if this is a no-brainer, but I
am really stuck!

Fr. Simon

Fr. Simon Rundell SCP
Parish of S.Thomas the Apostle, Elson