[TYPO3] timtab: sidebar still shows all the news categories

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Feb 28 18:54:54 CET 2007

> Hi,
>
> Typo3 V4.0.4
> timtab: 0.5.11
> ve_guestbook: 1.12.1
>
> I've read through all the threads dated back from October 2005 in the
> typo3-project-timtab archives.  I've found quite a few tips and tricks
> that were not available in the timtab manual to fix my problems.  Some
> threads were about how to limit blog categories to show in the sidebar.  I
> tried the following suggestion I found in a thread,
>
> - set the tt_news extension settings in the EM to use the General Record
> Storage Page (GSRP)
> - In your blog main page, set the GSRP of that page to your storage
> folder of your blog entries.
> - add your categories to this storage folder too.
>
> However, the Categories section in the side bar still shows all the news
> categories.  At this point, I'm clueless where I should go to check what
> might be wrong.  I'd greatly appreciate any help.
>
> Here is my tt_news config in timtab setup.
>
> plugin.tx_timtab.displayCatMenu.targetPid = 2831
>
> plugin.tt_news {
>
>   templateFile = {$page.file.template_tt_news}
>
>   singlePid = {$plugin.tx_timtab.blogPid}
>   pid_list = {$plugin.tx_timtab_pi2.pidStorePosts}
>   backPid = {$plugin.tx_timtab.homePid}
>
>   displayList.date_stdWrap.strftime = %B %d, %Y
>   displaySingle.date_stdWrap.strftime =  %A, %B %d, %Y at %I:%M %p
>
>   dontUseBackPid = 1
>   catTextMode = 3
>   newsAmenuUserFunc =
>   useHRDates = 1
>   useHRDatesSingle = 1
>   useSubCategories = 1
>   limit = 10
>
>   displayCatMenu {
>     mode = timtab
>     catmenu_stdWrap.wrap = <li><h2
> class="news-catmenu">Categories</h2>|</li>
>   }
>
>   _LOCAL_LANG.default {
>     archiveHeader = Archives
>   }
> }
>
> [globalVar = GP:tx_ttnews|year > 0]
> plugin.tt_news.limit = 100
> [global]
> [globalVar = GP:tx_ttnews|ps > 0]
> plugin.tt_news.limit = 100
> [global]
>
> temp.list < plugin.tt_news
> temp.list {
>   code >
>   code = LIST
> }
>
> temp.single < plugin.tt_news
> temp.single {
>   code >
>   code = SINGLE
> }
>
> temp.archives < plugin.tt_news
> temp.archives {
>   code >
>   code = AMENU
> }
>
> temp.categories < plugin.tt_news
> temp.categories {
>   code >
>   code = CATMENU
> }

> [...]

A bit more information...

In order to test if my news plugin itself works fine out side of timtab, I
create a test page.  On this test page, I inserted a news plugin.  In
General Settings, CATMENU is selected in 'What to display'.  In
Startingpoint box, 'Blog posts' sysfolder was selected.  Other settings
were left to default.  All the blog posts and categories are stored in
'Blog posts' sysFolder.  My other regular news articles and categories are
stored in another sysFolder.  To my surprise, this test page shows all the
news categories, including regular news and blog categories.  Now I'm more
lost.  How come startingpoint doesn't take effect?

Any ideas?

Bing

Bing