[TYPO3] [TYPO3-dev] Indexed Search Performance Improvement

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Feb 28 17:16:50 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> i asked for that index also a while ago. The answer was, we can't change to
> be compatible to DBAL.
> But why don't filter that index in DBAL ?

The problem is that the syntax for the SQL query is different for full text
indices. So indexed search needs to know if it runs on Mysql. But we could
change indexed search so it knows about DBAL (a sysext after all). There
are other places in the Core where we check for the presence of specific
extensions.

Masi