[TYPO3] [TYPO3-dev] Indexed Search Performance Improvement

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Wed Feb 28 16:51:42 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Peter Russ schrieb:
[...]
>> We could speed up the time (10s of sec down to millisec) by doing the
>> following:
>
> You say "could" but give a number. Does this mean you have tried it and
> your site experiences this perfomance boost?
Yes
Example calculated on pt1 and pt2 stored in index_stat_search:
Before: 112.99 s
After:    0.21 s

For me this is a boost or better:
Now it rocks!

>> Limitation: requires newer versions of MySql (4.0 or later)
>
> IMHO we should move on to 4.0 or later for TYPO3 4.2 anyway. But what
> about DBAL? Not all DBs come with a full text indexed and if the
> definition and query syntax will be different. It'd be fine if this can
> be handled gracefully.

I've not checked other DBs yet. Might look into it if required.
IMHO indexed_search is not usable for "regular" sites without this
changes. Just check the posts of the past months.

> Or you simply create an XCLASS extension for this. But I don't know how
> to add the changed index in the ext_tables.php.

Me neither.

Regs. Peter.

--
Fiat lux!