[TYPO3] extension development.

Asbjørn Morell atmorell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 11:04:14 CET 2007

Hello Typo3 developers.

I have worked with typo3 for about 6 mount now, and have built a few
websites with templavoile and the typo3 backend. This works very well and I
like typo3's approach to things. Now what I would like to do is build a "CD
Collection" extension that allowes FE users to submit records + update and
delete their own records.

This is how I thought about doing it:
create two extensions: CD Collection (Kaspers tutorial) and CD Collection
frontend. That way I can use the kickstarter to maintain the backend
interface and tables. Now I don't really know how I should begin with the
frontend extension.

Do I have to create everything manually, or can typo3 help with some of
these task: (forms, sql, logic)

html:
create form, update form, list page, single view page
etc.

logic:
check if FE user is logged in.
check if FE user has access to x operation.
etc.

sql
create, update, delete, select
etc.