[TYPO3] FYI: Checking and creating of reference index lasts for hours on TYPO3core 4.0

Marcus Krause marcus.krause at tu-clausthal.de
Wed Feb 28 09:43:47 CET 2007

Hi!

In case somebody gets the same problem one day, this is the way, we
handled it:

After upgrading a TYPO3 3.8 instance to 4.0 checking and creating the
reference index lasts for hours (somewhere between 2 and 7 hours).
The server is a FreeBSD with 2GB RAM and MySQL v4.0. The uncompressed
database dump size was about little 140MBs.

We thought there was nothing special with this one ...
In the past we upgraded 60 other instances and runtime of creating
reference index was always below one minute.

We did also a mysqlcheck -aco over the database and dropped indexes on
table sys_refindex, but there was no improvement.

Then we checked mysql processlist during the creation of reference index
and there were a lot SELECTs on table tx_ccdevlog. Yes, extension
cc_devlog was installed and nobody was aware of that. ;-)
Total number of rows were about 1 million.

As we didn't need them, we did a TRUNCATE on table tx_ccdevlog and
afterwards the creation of reference index took used minutes.

--

Computing Centre Technical University of Clausthal

mkrau at jabber.tu-clausthal.de