[TYPO3] Rare z-index conflict tx_slideshow vs. Lightbox

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 00:21:08 CET 2007

Hi there,

On 2/27/07, Martin Kokes <martin at typo3-hosting.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I found rare conflict of Flash slideshow extension and any extension,
> that uses Lightbox. Plugin tx_slideshow has in some way higher z-index
> priority than Lightbox. Even doesn't have any z-index defition in CSS
> (it's simple embedded flash) at all, it is still over Lightbox images. I
> tried to set up Lightbox's #overlay to z-index 99999, but doesn't help.
>
> See: http://www.mercia.cz/nabidka-modelu/fabia/ and click on small image
> with three Skodas on right top.
>
> Funny thing is, that other Flash plugins (i.e. macina_banners) works
> without charm with Lightbox images over:
>
> See images on: http://www.tuningcup.cz/tuning-cup/porota/martin-kokes/
>
> I can't see any differences in the method of flash embedding between
> tx_slideshow and macina_banners, do you? Do you think it can be
> somewhere in the swf file and hisd actionscript that loads JPG images?
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful.

The usual fix for this problem is to set 'wmode="transparent"' in both
the param and embed elements of the Flash code. There are a few
hundred posts on this subject at Webmasterworld [1].

--
Christopher Torgalson

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.webmasterworld.com+%2B+flash+%2B+%28z-index+OR+stack%29