[TYPO3] Rare z-index conflict tx_slideshow vs. Lightbox

Martin Kokes martin at typo3-hosting.com
Tue Feb 27 23:55:45 CET 2007

Hello list,

I found rare conflict of Flash slideshow extension and any extension,
that uses Lightbox. Plugin tx_slideshow has in some way higher z-index
priority than Lightbox. Even doesn't have any z-index defition in CSS
(it's simple embedded flash) at all, it is still over Lightbox images. I
tried to set up Lightbox's #overlay to z-index 99999, but doesn't help.

See: http://www.mercia.cz/nabidka-modelu/fabia/ and click on small image
with three Skodas on right top.

Funny thing is, that other Flash plugins (i.e. macina_banners) works
without charm with Lightbox images over:

See images on: http://www.tuningcup.cz/tuning-cup/porota/martin-kokes/

I can't see any differences in the method of flash embedding between
tx_slideshow and macina_banners, do you? Do you think it can be
somewhere in the swf file and hisd actionscript that loads JPG images?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Martin