[TYPO3] Typo3 4.0.3 mewloginbox and kb_md5fepw problems

Julian [JRK Software] julian at jrksoftware.com
Thu Feb 22 15:57:54 CET 2007

Hello guys,
I'm having this weird problem with the "Forgot password" functionality
of newloginbox not working  :(

Newloginbox is up and running. I'm able to log in/log out without any
problems. This mean that the storage pid is set correctly, right?

Ok, i've installed the kb_md5fepw extension in order to hide the user
passwords in Web>Page columns. All is working fine - i'm able to log in,
the passwords are encrypted, etc. The only problem is that the "Forgot
password" functionality is not working anymore. I'm receiving messages
saying that there is no user account with this email address. The weird
thing is that if i update the user account with sr_feuser_register, i'm
receiving the email message on this email address.

If i remove the kb_md5fepw extension, everything works just fine.
Unfortunately, i really need a solution to hide the real password.

Hope someone will reply with a solution or a hint.

Thank you for your time,
Julian