[TYPO3] edit page properties : blank page

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Feb 21 10:45:54 CET 2007

Hi,

> as you described: you can create these kind of records and save it,
> but you
> can't edit them.

I didn't really follow this thread, so I may say something out of
topic here, but this behaviour does ring a bell.

In one installation I suddenly had records (pages, content elements,
whatever) that I could not edit. The problem was that they had a uid
of 0.

This happened after migration down from a MySQL 5 to a MySQL 4
database. In generating a v4 compatible SQL dump from v5 database,
the auto-increment properties of the uid fields are stripped. Thus
new records are created with primary keys = 0. To correct this it is
sufficient to go to the Install tool, compare the database and
perform the required updates. This behavious is documented in the bug
tracker:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3495

HTH

François Suter