[TYPO3] edit page properties : blank page

Bernd Wilke 19m0nyq02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Feb 21 10:29:10 CET 2007

"Rob De Vries" <spam_this at pandora.be> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1164722358.21799.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey listers,
>
> what :
> trying to edit a page header give a blank page (only the edit frame gets
> blank, pagetree and left menu get's displayed)
>
> when :
> not shure :)
> Started after adding a sys folder as the starting page of the mailing
> mod. This page get's it own template record(s), clears setup and
constants.

> strange facts:
> all pages inside the main page get's this same blank page, all other
> pages does not. (mailing mod. sys folder is outside this main page)
>
> i'm still able to make a new page inside the main page and get to fill
> out the pagetitle etc ... but i'm not able to edit it once it get's saved.
>
> I've stumbled along some weaird problems in the years working with
> typo3, but this one realy gets me stumbed.
>
> specs:
> typo3 4.0.2
> phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl3
> php 5.0.4
>

> anyone had this same problem? any hints?

I know 2 further installations with a similar behavior:
one from work, where all content-records can't be edited which contain the
plugin tt_news.
I only have admin-rights to typo3, but no install-tool, no admin-rights to
server.
Typo3 4.0.1
MySQL 4.1.20  UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
PHP ?

the other one I can get more infos, because it is my own:
every content-element with type table, can't be edited.
Typo3 4.0.4 (but also in 4.0.2)
MySQL 5.0.32-Debian_3-log  UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
SERVER_SOFTW: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8

if you want to edit these elements the right frame becomes blank, with no
html-source.
no error-message is shown or logged.

as you described: you can create these kind of records and save it, but you
can't edit them.

the only possibility to make changes to these records is working with
phpmyadmin.
while it is easy to handle tables, tt_news-plugins are difficult to
configure, because all config is done in the flexform-xml-field.

anyone else? any hints?

--
www.bernd-wilke.net