[TYPO3] format content of tt_content bodytext field

sean ellis sellis at telus.net
Thu Feb 15 20:37:38 CET 2007

Hello,

I can't find the answer for something that I'm trying to do.

I've written some php to provide content through a file in
media/scripts. I'm doing the following (below) to get the content
entered with rtehtmlarea.

It works, but I'm losing the links that had been created. What should I
do to remedy this? Something to do with parseFunc .. I think?

         // SELECT from typo db to get content
         $result = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTquery(
                         'bodytext',
                         'tt_content',
                         'pid='.intval($GLOBALS['TSFE']->id),
                         '',
                         '',
                         '');

         $record = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_fetch_assoc($result);
         $course_desc = $record['bodytext'];

thanks,

Sean