[TYPO3] User Condition - Corresponding function executed twice ??

C.DeSousa papasosa at web.de
Tue Feb 13 12:53:56 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> <Not an answer to questions but some comments...>
>
> C.DeSousa wrote:
>
>> My guess is this maybe a caching issue, that's why I tried to turn
>> caching off in every place I could think of - but the function still
>> gets cached as I can see the function inside the
>> temp_cached...ext_localconf file.
>

> Basically, you killed performance of your typo3 installation with this.
> You will experience high load when real visitors start coming to your
> site. Turning cache off is the worst thing that you can do.
>
>> So, my question is
>> a) why does the function get called twice ?
>

> I think because this is how typo3 works. There is no place where it is
> said that it will be called only once. So no specification is violated
> with second call.
>
>> b) why does the chaching still happen ?
>

> Page caching has nothing to do with caching of ext_localconf.php. You
> turned off page caching but you cannot turn of caching of
> ext_localconf.php.

Hi Dmitry,

  thanks for your suggestions/comments.

I know turning off the cache is not a clever thing to do in general,
just wanted to test things out. I thought maybe this is a configuration
problem.

So, caching options do not apply to ext_localconf... I wasn't aware of
that.

Looks like I'll have to work around this, probably with include_once..

Any other suggestions welcome !

Greets,
  C.