[TYPO3] Captcha and spam protection

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Mon Feb 12 18:56:38 CET 2007

I saw a discusion about spam protection in this forum in december. There was
some suggestions with different approaches to spam protection. But I did not
see any conclusion regarding what is giving the best protection.

However, I installed captcha and mailformplus in order to try to reduce the
amount of spam in our forms, but the spam still gets through. I then checked
the stored records from the forms and I discovered that the captcha response
field was empty for the spammessages. How come ? Is there any holes in the
captcha logic, which the spammers has discovered. I have tried the form
myself and I get an error message if I do not fill out the captcha field and
no form is sent.

Regards,
Gunnar Jonsson