[TYPO3] Which Shop Extension?

Sandy Matheson lists at mathesonuk.com
Fri Feb 9 10:27:33 CET 2007

I am setting up a shop within Typo3 for an online bookshop and wonder
if anyone can give me advice on which shop extension to use.

Having installed and played with tt-products and trade extensions I am
now clearer as to what I need to achieve and am not sure if either
will do that.

My specific requirements:
1. Additional fields in product description for ISBN, Book Condition,
Publication Date etc.
2. Categories and sub-categories.
3. Products being able to be linked to more than one category or
sub-category
4. Shipping costs to be varied by weight and country.
5. Shipping costs to be varied by value of order i.e. if an order is
over a certain value only certain shipping options to be available.
6. Payment by PayPal
7. Usual basket, customer details (inc. Country), email confirmation
etc.

My experience so far is that tt_products appears to be the most
configurable extension, but is also very difficult to get working as
the documentation in english is poor. The trade extension is easier to
configure out-of-the-box but does not seem as flexible.

What about the new commerce extension? Is that useable yet and when
might it be released in TER?