[TYPO3] Can't find documentation for htmlareaRTE

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 19:26:01 CET 2007

Hi,

On 2/8/07, James Corell <jcorell at e-p-c-s.com> wrote:
> I notice that the link you show doesn't have compiled documentation either.
> There is mention of a manual.sxw, but for version 1.1.5. I'm using version
> 1.4.3, unless I shouldn't be using it. Which version to use has been
> confusing, since EM lists 1.1.5 later in the list than 1.4.3. Either way,
> 1.4.3 doesn't have documentation.

Well, that is decidedly odd.

But I stick by one of the alternatives I already mentioned:
rtehtmlarea's documentation is present in the source of the 4.0.x
series of TYPO3. I just double-re-checked 4.0.4. It's THERE. Why is
this not an option for you? (Method 4: in the EM, find the 'Edit
Files' screen and look for 'doc/manual.sxw').

> As for RTE htmlarea being broken, I haven't had a version of it that hasn't
> had javascript errors of some kind or another, from IE5-7 to Firefox 2, from
> Win2K/XP to Ubuntu Linux.

No .js errors reported on pages with rtehtmlarea by Firebug in Firefox
on XP at the moment, never noticed any on OSX or Win2k either...

--
Christopher Torgalson