[TYPO3] realurl not working when logged into BE

media.res | alex widschwendter a.widschwendter at mediares.at
Thu Feb 8 10:23:14 CET 2007

hi dmitry,

first of all. thx for your time and enthusiasm spending on TYPO3!

>  From the manual about rootpage_id: "Defines the root page uid of the
> site for which the configuration is made.
> This setting is mandatory if you run multiple sites in the same database
> using real urls for more than one site. This setting makes possible for
> the “path-to-id” algorithms to distinguish the sites. For instance two
> sites might have the same page title on the first level that will
> generate the same speaking url path. In such case two different IDs are
> associated with the same page path and something is needed to
> distinguish the look ups.
> In order to configure different sites you simply use the possibility to
> make different configuration for different domains. See the main section
> about configuration.
> It is important that you use the uid of the root page in the sites.
> Otherwise the fall-back look up of page paths will not work correctly."
>
> Isn't this clear?

maybe you didn't read my second post (for the archive) where i found the
solution myself and posted it for others as reference to my origianl
question. so this problem was solved, before you answered me. sorry for
any inconviences if that was not clear!

>> btw. fixedPostVars seem either not do work with logged in BE, and
>> refused totally to work if
>> 'disablePathCache' => 1,
>> 'autoUpdatePathCache' => 1,
>> are set!
>

> If you can reproduce it, report it as a bug and provide a
> description/config for testing.

before i file a bug, i'd like to hear from others that it is really a
bug and not my fault. as you stated below, i don't want to waste your
valuable time, if its just my fault.

can you see any mistakes in my setup:

<realurl setup start>
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['addRootLineFields'].= ',tx_realurl_pathsegment';

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array (
	'init' => array (
		'enableCHashCache' => 1
	),
	'preVars' => array (
		array (
			'GETvar' => 'no_cache',
			'valueMap' => array (
				'no_cache' => 1,
			),
			'noMatch' => 'bypass',
		),
		array (
			'GETvar' => 'L',
			'valueMap' => array(
				'en' => '1',
			),
			'noMatch' => 'bypass',
		),
	),

	'fileName' => array (
		'defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev' => true,
		'index' => array (
			'backend.php' => array (
				'keyValues' => array (
					'type' => 100,
				)
			),
			'print' => array (
				'keyValues' => array (
					'type' => 98,
				)
			),
			'pdf' => array (
				'keyValues' => array (
					'type' => 123,
				)
			),
		),
	),
	'postVarSets' => array (
		'_DEFAULT' => array (
			'article' => array (
				array (
					'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[backPid]',
				),
				array (
					'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[tt_news]',
					'lookUpTable' => array (
						'table' => 'tt_news',
						'id_field' => 'uid',
						'alias_field' => 'title',
						'addWhereClause' => ' AND NOT deleted',
						'useUniqueCache' => 1,
						'useUniqueCache_conf' => array (
							'strtolower' => 1,
							'spaceCharacter' => '-',
						),
					),
				),
			),
			'category' => array (
				array (
					'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[cat]',
				),
			),
			'browse' => array (
				array (
					'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[pointer]',
				),
			),
			'browse' => array (
				array (
					'GETvar' => 'tx_ttproducts_pi1[begin_at]',
				),
				array (
					'GETvar' => 'tx_ttproducts_pi1[backPID]',
				),
			),
			/*'bundesland' => array ( // not working -> imagemag no typolink
				array (
					'GETvar' => 'sta_id',
					'lookUpTable' => array (
						'table' => 'static_country_zones',
						'id_field' => 'uid',
						'alias_field' => 'zn_name_local',
						'addWhereClause' => ' AND NOT deleted',
						'useUniqueCache' => 1,
						'useUniqueCache_conf' => array (
							'strtolower' => 1,
							'spaceCharacter' => '-',
						),
					),
				),
			),*/
		),
	),
	'pagePath' => array (
		'type' => 'user',
		'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
		'spaceCharacter' => '-',
		'languageGetVar' => 'L',
		'expireDays' => 3,
		'segTitleFieldList' => 'tx_realurl_pathsegment,nav_title,title',
		//'disablePathCache' => 1,
		//'autoUpdatePathCache' => 1,
		//'firstHitPathCache' => 1,
		'rootpage_id' => 1

	),
	'fixedPostVars' => array (
		'83' => array (
			array (
				'GETvar' => 'detailId',
				'lookUpTable' => array (
					'table' => 'tt_address',
					'id_field' => 'uid',
					'alias_field' => 'name',
					'addWhereClause' => ' AND NOT deleted',
					'useUniqueCache' => 1,
					'useUniqueCache_conf' => array (
						'strtolower' => 1,
						'spaceCharacter' => '-',
					),
				),
			),
		),
	),
);

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['www.ibisacam.hu'] =
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'];
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['www.ibisacam.hu']['pagePath']['rootpage_id']=210;

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['www.ibisprima.de'] =
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'];
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['www.ibisprima.de']['pagePath']['rootpage_id']=247;
</realurl setup end>

with this configuration it works as expected as long as you are not
logged into the backend. with uncommented'disablePathCache' => 1,
'autoUpdatePathCache' => 1 this setup refuses totally to work!

> You are welcome... May be my previous answer was not very good but I am
> a bit tired from posts when people claim that extension does not work
> while they simply did not bother to configure it properly. I spend time
> on such issues and this time is basically lost. I do not have much time,
> so each such loss is a very BIG loss (and therefore frustration) for me.

i fully understand you. i felt the same some time ago ....

so keep it up and BIG thx to you for your work and help!

cheers alex