[TYPO3] limit user to language - delete problem

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 7 22:55:01 CET 2007

Hi all,

this is a known problem: When a user is limited to a website language,
he noneoftheless can delete a content element in default language.
I found this problem described in bugtracker for typo3 3.8, and there is
also a patch. But for typo3 4.0 it has been reported again (and I
experience it now), so I do not trust this patch. If it was good, it
would have been implemented, or am I thinking silly?

Could someone PLEASE share the knowledge:
Is there a working patch or any solution? Does anyone know anything
about the reason for the problem or what it could not be solved.

Maybe there is not yet a solution - that'd be OK, but please answer
anyone - this is a major thing and I feel some kind of being left alone,
for I can not find a clear actual statement.

thanks a lot!

christian