[TYPO3] My eu_ldap frontend login problem

Sauli sauli.lehtovaara at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 19:35:37 CET 2007

Hello,

I use:typo 4.0.4, eu_ldap 2.7.9 and newloginbox 3.0.1 (also tested with
loginbox_macmade 0.3.4)

My problem is that I can log in to the frontend with eu_ldaps random
generated password.
But with the "right" password the authentication fails.
I guess this is not the way it should work?...

I have all the users imported from the ldap-server to a storage folder.
And there I see the random generated passwords. I can also see when I edit
the users that in the password field there is a
password written in asterisks. I guess this is the "real"-password from the
ldap because it has less digits than the generated one.

I´ve checked the "Enable LDAP authentification for the frontend"-checkbox in
eu_ldap Extension manager.

And I have read many posts about eu_ldap frontend login problems from the
web without an answer.
What could cause this problem? Any ideas?

-Sauli-