[TYPO3] Need some RealURL help - Navigation Issues...

Timothy Patterson tjpatter at svsu.edu
Wed Feb 7 17:14:40 CET 2007

I'm looking to accomplish a specific task as part of a conversion process from a proprietary CMS system to TYPO3 (Which is 100% better by the way!), and I need some help...  Let me try to explain this in an easy to understand fashion...

I am looking to use RealURL to generate URLs that mimic the layout of my page tree using top-level parental aliases as the path names for all pages below that level.

Example (Tree):
-ITS
   -ITS Home (alias 'home')
      -Policies
      -Staff
   -Support Center (alias 'support')
      -Hours

I want my URL's to be like:  http://www.mydomain.com/its/home/policies.html or http://www.mydomain.com/its/home/index.php?id=xx  and http://www.mydomain.com/its/support/hours.html or http://www.mydomain.com/its/support/index.php?id=xx

Is this setup possible to achieve?  I've played around with the RealURL configuration but I haven't been able to get it figured out.  It seems quite confusing to me.

Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction as to how (if possible) I can accomplish this?

The menu setup is the only thing holding me back from going live with my site...  TYPO3 Rocks!

Thanks,

Timothy J. Patterson
Web Programmer
Novell Certified Linux Professional / Engineer
Saginaw Valley State University
Office: Wickes 361B
Phone: (989) 964-7247
E-mail: tjpatter at svsu.edu