[TYPO3] Skinning & Kickstarter Starter Files

Andrew Davis andrew at theandrewunderground.com
Tue Feb 6 21:06:56 CET 2007

> Also, if I need to add files to the extension after creating it, can I add them? Would that be using kickstarter, or manually adding them?

the kickstarter just helps you get started, making db tables and where
you can set up some simple setup. You can go back and re-edit in the
kickstarter, but you can only change the same stuff you can setup (add
tables, change language settings, etc. Once you save from kickstarter,
it overwrites what was there before, so if you do any custom coding it
will be overwritten.

so once you've made an extension in kickstarter you have to use another
editor (or typo3s internal edit capability) to change/develop the files.
You can just ftp files into the extension's folder to add them.

hope that helps,
andrew davis