[TYPO3] Data Record Browser too Dumb for MultiLang?

Alexander D. McWilliam typo3 at mcwilliam.biz
Tue Feb 6 14:45:33 CET 2007

I am programming an FE extension with one database table and a
configuration option via FlexForms. This Flexform allows me to select
any number or records from said database table. For each record in the
table I have at least one translation into another language of the
website. So far so good.

The problem arises, when I use the record browser to select these
records and I see *ALL* records without any information about which
language version they are. Like this:

Record A
Record A
Record A
Record B
Record B
Record B

How can I tell the record browser to A) either only show records in the
default language or B) tell it to identity the various languages with a
country flag or by indenting all translations of the original record?

In the normal list view of the sysfolder everything works beautifully.
It's *just* the popup record browser window that's causing me sleepless
nights.

Thank you very much,
Alexander.