[TYPO3] Edit plugin objects and template results in server error

Axel zeijo148 at student.otago.ac.nz
Tue Feb 6 10:18:42 CET 2007

Hi,

I've got a problem with my typo3 installation. Whenever I try and edit
some of the plugins that I added as page content in the backend of my
installation I get an error message 500 from my server:

  ------------------------------
  Forbidden
  You don't have permission to access /typo3/alt_doc.php on this server.
  ------------------------------

e.g. by calling
/typo3/alt_doc.php?returnUrl=%2Ftypo3%2Fsysext%2Fcms%2Flayout%2Fdb_layout.php%3Fid%3D32&edit[tt_content][92,]=edit
requested from
http://www.pssrc.org/typo3/sysext/cms/layout/db_layout.php?id=32

However, I don't have that problem with all plugins. It works fine with
the 'better login-box', the 'front end user registration', the 'user
listing' and the 'chc forum' extensions. I get the error messages with
the tt_news and the cal extension.

In addition, I sometimes get error messages like this when I try to add
an entry to the my general storage page using the sixpack extension:

  -----------------------------
Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource
/typo3/alt_doc.php could not be found on this server.
  -----------------------------

When I try changing my template record I sometimes get this error
message (even though it sometimes works):

  -----------------------------
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /typo3/alt_doc.php on this server.
  -----------------------------

Any help would be greatly appreciated - it's driving me nuts...

Cheers,
Axel

**************
Configuration: