[TYPO3] Adding fields to page properties?

Edwin Blokker a.stoutjesdijk at chello.nl
Mon Feb 5 19:25:29 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to add fields to the properties of specific page
types.

For example, I want to add an abstract field to the properties of a
shortcut page. I would also really like to add a speaking url field
(from the realurl management extension) to the properties of a
pagebrowser (extension) page.

Is there a relatively easy way of doing this? Searching the archive I
found this:

"You need to modify $TCA for 'pages' table from extension. There is a
section named 'types'. It defines what fields are displayed for each
page type. It can be difficult.

Reference is here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/current/view/4/2/"

However, I'm not a coder, and this really is too much for me.. Any
suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Edwin.