[TYPO3] tt_products Help with first insstallation

Sandy Matheson lists at mathesonuk.com
Sun Feb 4 20:41:53 CET 2007

Hi,

I am trying to install and configure tt_products for the first time
and have failed at the first hurdle. I cannot get anything to appear
on the website, my shop page is blank.

I have done the following:
- Installed tt_products and dependant extensions.
- Created a page for my shop and sub pages including a sys-folder.
- Copied the products_template.tmpl file to a sub folder of fileadmin.
- created an +ext-template on the shop page and put the following in
the constants section:
plugin.tt_products.file.templateFile =
fileadmin/ext_templates/tt_products/products_template.tmpl
- Created a category in the sys-folder
- Created two products in the sys-folder
- Added the Products plugin to the shop page.
- Set the display mode to Products: List
- Set the startingpoint to my sysfolder where the categories and
products are.

I have probably not done something simple. If anyone can help that
would be much appreciated.

Sandy