[TYPO3] Extension Repository memory error

Bill Taroli bill.taroli at billsden.org
Sat Feb 3 02:00:40 CET 2007

Daniel Selinger wrote:
> Usually ist's the memory limit of php. Try it with 64MB, then it should
> work.
>

> 2006/12/5, Lasse Guldsborg <lasse at clioonline.dk>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> When I try to import (or look up) extensions from the repository I get
>> this
>> error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 36700160 bytes exhausted (tried to
>> allocate 44 bytes) in

So... I have two environments (running on 3.7.0, 3.8.0, 4.0, 4.0.2 and
now 4.0.4, one with PHP 4.4 and the other PHP 5.1) encountering this
problem. This problem didn't crop up until more recent releases and only
seems to affect EM2. In one, even increasing the memory to 64MB doesn't
fix this issue. In the other (hosted) I cannot increase the limit above
40MB.

I have done some searching through the bug database and see some
evidence that a fix related to memory usage in EM2 may be coming through
in 4.1. But I am wondering if there is something available for those of
us on the 4.0 codeline... even if it takes the form if a patch file or
replacement file(s).

Bill