[TYPO3] Exporting Typo3 sites

Fri Feb 2 20:43:36 CET 2007

If you are moving an entire site from a development server to a
production server, I would suggest the following process.  It is one I
have used several times.  And while there are sometimes little things
that come up, it does cover 99% of the process.  This assumes a Linux
server, but the basic process could be used on windows too.

Development Server

1)
Create a dump file of the current typo3 MySQL database.
You can do this either from phpMyAdmin, or at the command-line.
For the command-line, you can use this:
mysqldump --opt -p -u db_username typo3_db > output_file.sql

2)
create an archive of all your typo3 files.
the command:
tar -czvf website.tar.gz web_directory/

Production Server

3)
copy your archive of files and your mysql dump file to the production
server.

4)
create a new mysql database in import the dump file.

5)
extract the tarball into your web root, and update localconf.php with
proper connection info for the database.

6)
final configs - go into the install tool, check things on the main
overview screen.  update config.baseURL if needed in your typoscript
template.

Hope that helps!
David Lanier